Welcome to Bodacious RD
- Being the truest, most badass you- don’t be afraid to color outside the lines.
- Focusing on our strengths- give life to what is already there, not what is lacking.
BODACIOUS: Adjective: excellent, admirable, attractive.
Combination of bold and audacious.
-audacious in a way considered admirable
- Focus on nutrient density- foods with the most nutrition and the least calories should be used most often.
- Build a meal around plant foods- beans, whole grains, nuts, seeds, fruits, and vegetables.
- Eat at regular intervals whenever possible- excluding special occasions and vacation. I aim for every 3-4 hours.
- Include a high fiber source at each meal and add high fiber additions to meals every chance I get.
- Add a lean protein source every time I eat- mostly beans, soy, nuts/seeds, plant-based protein powder, quinoa…
- Limit added sugars but allow yourself treats- they help keep us eating clean the rest of the time.
- Limit animal products as much as possible. Use them to enhance meals if necessary- not as the main event at the meal.
Michael Pollan: “Eat food, not too much, mostly plants”.
Research overwhelmingly points to a plant-based, whole foods diet that limits animal products as the best way to live a long, healthy life. This way of eating also protects our world.
- We are all part of this world to help one another.
- We should cause good-natured trouble, and be both super productive and fabulously fun.
- We can best take care of our loved ones, when we take care of ourselves.
- Love ourselves and adore living in our own one-of-a-kind, beautiful bodies.
- Appreciate everyone’s unique journey- difference is essential to life. We only dislike what we don’t understand.
- Revel in our physicality. Strength is beauty. Prepare ourselves by being in our best shape.
- I support the Health at Every Size movement. Our best, most bodacious self may not be the version others think we should be.
- Let go, be silly, and happy with who you are… that is also what true health is about.
“Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” – E.E. Cummings
I hope I can help you be happier + healthier.