What is the secret ingredient to a long + happy life? Good genes help. And good jeans help. But honestly? Quality friendships provide the biggest boost.
According to the Mayo Clinic, having people we can count on can:
- Intensify belonging and purpose
- Promote happiness and decrease stress
- Improve self-confidence and self-efficacy
- Help us better deal with bad events
- Encourage change or helps us avoid unhealthy lifestyle habits
In Okinowa, the community with the most people over 100 worldwide, they keep small circles of friends- typically 4 or 5- that they have committed to for life. Continue reading Food for (behavior changing) thought